What to know before you call our hot shot service
- Inexperienced shippers and new freight brokers can quickly be spotted when they call our hot shot emergency line.
- Are you or your client actually looking for hot shot dedicated service?
- What is the dimensions and weight of the freight?
- Where is this being loaded?
- Where is the delivery?
- What are the operating hours at each end?
- Is the freight ready now?
- When is the shipment expected to deliver?
- If this involves export then-
Is there a customs broker assigned already?
- Do you have the appropriate customs docs on hand or can they be obtained quickly?
Also having a preliminary idea of your budget will allow you to make a faster decision on securing the hot shot service rather than hours of back and forth with the decision makers thus delaying our ability to start promptly on solving your problems.
For Cross Border Shipments
Unlike traditional FTL and LTL carriers who are not under the same time constraints, we require customs docs be supplied immediately so that office staff can start on the customs clearance process. We must submit PARS and PAPS documents to the customs broker, create entry and exit manifests, and pre pay for the US crossing fee.
Time is of the essence as brokers typically require 3 hours to clear shipments and some are notoriously longer. If we do not receive the documents, we typically will not send the driver to load. It does no one any good if your freight and our hot shot driver sit in holding at customs or worse get turned around.
Call Erik at Hightail Hotshot today at 604-728-3037.
“When it absolutely must be there yesterday”